CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Parent Conferences

Okay...so I'm one of those WEIRD teachers who actually like parent conferences! Why??? Because, for example, this past Friday I learned so much more about my students that will help me, help them, reach their goals as learners! Does it wear me out to the point that I drag myself to my car and crash as soon as I get home...YES! But on Monday,  I can use all the new information I have to improve my teaching strategies.

I have AMAZING  parents (I usually do!), so this year will be full of GREAT learning experiences for both myself and my students!

We just started a unit on inferencing. We read The Memory String by Eve Bunting. If you haven't shared this story with your class, PLEASE do so IMMEDIATELY! Not only does it have wonderful life lessons (themes) we can share with our students, but the character analysis is amazing. We filled in a 3 column chart: Character/What the Character does or says/Our inference. We filled in the chart as we read the book. Students  were completely engaged and many related to the story line. Here is the book if you're interested:
The Memory String

1 comments:

Anonymous

I LOVE that book. Made me cry the first time I heard it!!!

Post a Comment