CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 16, 2012

My Reading Boxes!

This was a 3 day weekend..thank goodness! I managed to complete a longtime teaching dream I've had...Reading Workshop boxes for each of my students! Okay, here's how I embellished them:







1) Bought apple green spray paint, (2 cans), white duck tape, and black and white decorative wall border.




2) Started spray painting the boxes, leaving the bottom part not painted since it would be covered eventually anyway.




3)Realized I had not purchased enough paint! Ran to the store to buy more! Bought 2 more cans of purple and 2 more cans of black-glossy finish.




4)Spray painted the rest of the boxes (2 cans covers about 22 boxes).




5)Let them dry overnight in the garage.




6)Used the duck tap to secure up the bottom and around the bottom of the box (part of this will remain showing).




7)Cut the wall border to fit the boxes.




8)Peel and stick.





You can also use cabinet liner, which is what I ended up using when I ran out of the wall boarder. I then ran out of the cabinet liner, so I purchased zebra striped duct tape to finish out the last 7 boxes. Here is a picture of the end result (more pictures are under Literature Circles):
















0 comments:

Post a Comment